Monday, October 25, 2010

It's Been One of Those Days...

You know those days when you wish that you could just stay in bed all day and shut out the world? I just had one of those days.
Is is too much to ask to let people sign up for classes next semester at a reasonable time? Is it too much to ask to give me a time to sign up when I'm not in class? ARGH! Why is this so stressful?????
Not only that, but I'm trying to decide what song to audition with for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at the community theatre, and both songs that I've been listening to are really good. (I can be so indecisive sometimes...)
And the show that I was in over the summer is doing a shortened (tremendously) version of the show on November 18th, but our director's father got really sick and she can't be here, so our musician is taking over for her, and we haven't had a rehearsal yet....
Please stop the world, I want to get off.
And have you noticed that there are some days that certain people just work your nerve for no real reason???
Sigh.
Anyway...
Okay, I feel a little better now that I've vented. I also took a nap today, so that makes things better.
Have you ever noticed that sometimes when you wake up from a nap, you don't know who or where you are? I seriously woke up at 5:30 trying to figure out if I was late for class. Sad, I know.
And btw, I saw Gumby walking around campus today, and a friend of mine dragged me over so that she could get his autograph. Yeah. And I have a sneaking suspicion that I may know who was in that Gumby suit...
On a lighter note...my ankle is better! I still have a little restricted movement, but I'm not complaining. There's always somebody who's got it worse, right?
So someone asked me today, "Are you one of those homeschoolers? Why do you pay your taxes and then stay home?" I was trying to decided if I was offended.
I've been contemplating homeschooling lately. Depending on my career, I was considering homeschooling my kids. It worked for me, so it should work for them, right? But then I remember that every child is different. For example, my younger brother wasn't really cut out for homeschooling. He is one of those "social butterflies", who operates better with others around. I on the other hand, am very happy in my own company.
There are some friends of mine now whose parents home schooled them until about the ninth grade, and then put them into public school. That may be the route I choose. But again, it will depend on a lot of things; the child, my job(s), my spouse, where I live...
Yes, it may be kinda early for thinking about that kind of thing, but I'm one of those people who likes to plan ahead.
Well, those are my thoughts for today. My next post should be a lot lighter. Hopefully. Maybe. Probably. Yes, it will be lighter!


"You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

1 comment:

  1. who is this gumby i keep hearing about?! will someone PLEASE throw me a lasso and tell me what this is all about! ;)

    ReplyDelete