Thursday, October 28, 2010

What's a Prince Charming?

Remember that I said we were going to discuss guys?
Well, the time is now.
Oh, where to begin....?
First, why is it that the only guys who seem to talk to me are the ones that I wouldn't be with in a million years? I'm a ten, people. TEN! And, as my sister likes to say, you're not even on the scale. Look at you, and then look at me. I mean, I agree that you should aim high; but please, try for a more realistic goal.
Second, opening lines. Take a good look; these are the only things that I will answer to: my name, Miss, or Ma'am. DO NOT call "Hey baby" from afar and expect me to answer. DO NOT ask me for my number if I just met you. DO NOT keep talking to me after I ignore you.
Is that too much to ask?
I know that there are plenty of women who respond to that. But really, do I look like one of them?
Third, clothing. If you have to pull up your pants every two steps, even though you're wearing a belt, turn around and walk the other way. If you have to wear shorts beneath your shorts to avoid exposing yourself to the world, turn around. I understand that we're in college, and we want to be comfortable; but that doesn't mean that you should dress like you just got out of bed and grabbed a set of clothes that is five sizes too big.
Fourth, language. Please, please, PLEASE speak English when you talk to me! Proper English, not...whatever it is that you speak. I shouldn't have to decipher what you're talking about. Open your mouth. Speak clearly. Do not "holla" at me. Use your inside voice. Didn't your mother teach you this?
Okay, okay. I'll stop complaining.
So what should my ideal Prince Charming have?
I'll give you the abbreviated version, or else we'd be here awhile.
I am hoping and praying to find a guy who, first and foremost, loves God. Somebody who will be friends with me first, and not just because he wants to hook up later. (Don't get me started on friends with benefits.)
I want a guy who knows that he's not perfect, and is willing to learn and to change. A guy who knows what I have to offer, and who won't suppress my dreams. That's my Prince Charming.

I really want some comments on this one! Let me know what you think; and if you want to hear my thoughts on a specific subject, let me know!

"This is true love...you think this happens every day?"

1 comment:

  1. ROFL!!!! You spoke (wrote) my thoughts on some of those issues! Like clothing and language! =) Hilarious! I totally agree on your first qualification, if he's not in love with Christ, then he and I will be headed in two separate directions, and that's not what married people are supposed to be like.
    Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete